Thursday, October 16, 2008

:: 16 ::

Tonight was Alex's night to prepare dinner again. This time he was craving a sandwich similar to the one I made us a few weeks ago.He's been craving one for a couple of weeks now but we don't get that Tofurky sandwich meat here. We decided to try it with the Yves veggie ham instead. It worked out wonderfully and tasted just as great as the last time. This time I forgot to buy some more cucumber so I subbed in some chopped green onions for the crunch factor instead. We paired it with a mixed greens salad drizzled with a simple dijon vinaigrette I whipped up and some homemade fries. A very nice end to a pretty busy day. Sorry that the sandwich picture isn't clearer. I was just too hungry to be fussing around with the camera.

I've had a request for the recipe for the Sheperd's pie we had for dinner yesterday. I'll have to ask Alex and post about it next time.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Yum. That does look like a very crave worthy sandwich and I like to think the salad balances out the homemade fries.

Destiny's Kitchen said...

That's a perfect meal!

Sheree' said...

I have never had any of the faux lunch meats, I will hve to try the ham since DH really likes the flavor of ham. Thanks for asking Alex about the recipe for the sheperds pie, I am looking forward to it.

Jen Treehugger said...

WOAH!
Good meal!

Bethany said...

a big messy tasty sandwich. Not to mention, those yummy looking fries. lucky!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online