Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vegan Mofo #15 & What's in my (vegan) freezer?

First up is my dinner tonight for my entry for Vegan MoFo. Alex made a lovely sheperd's pie tonight. It's undeniably one of my favorite comfort foods. I should look up where the name comes from but I'm too tired to get around to that now. It's interesing because in french it's pâté chinois' which doesn't at all translate to 'sheperd's pie' but to Chinese pie. Anyway, it was really good and I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow.

So yesterday I wrote about being tagged by Bex from How to feed a vegan about what's in my vegan freezer. It was started by Billy from Vegan Talk. The rules are:
  1. Take a picture of the items in your freezer
  2. Post the pictures with a summary of the items
  3. Tag 5 vegan bloggers
So here goes! As I noted yesterday I have two freezers so this is going to be a big summary, thank goodness I cleaned out the smaller freezer recently!

In this top picture from my small fridge freezer, we have from top left to right: plastic containers of diced tomatoes, pureed broccoli and cauliflower in ziplock baggies for Ayla, bag of veggie scraps for making broth, rye bread, coffee, homemade pizza dough, tortillas, spring roll wrappers and Teese vegan cheese. On the bottom from right to left we have: chocolate chips, peas, ground flax seeds, cashews, ginger, tomato sauce (in plastic container), almond flavored dessert tofu and vodka.

Fridge freezer side door: endangered species chocolate, bananas, phyllo dough, homemade pasta dough and icecubes.

This is the big freezer side tray, I have frozen nuts of various kinds and some frozen dried fruits. And two types of soy icecreams, butterscotch and neapolitan.

Bottom of the big freezer, various bags of frozen fruits and veggies for smoothies and rushed dinners, some soy puff balls bought at T&T in West Ed mall and some veggie shrimps. I think the plastic container has fruit. On the other side (second picture) we have hot dog and burger buns and frozen icepacks. Oh and that bottom corner of green, those are veggie spring rolls. I think there are also some veggie dumplings in there too. Phew!

So now I have to tag 5 vegan bloggers, hmm, I'll go with:

Bittersweet
Heathen Vegan
Cravin' Veggies
The Pink Apron
Life on the Vegan highway is good!

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Thanks for tagging me - these things are fun.
I know Shepherds Pie is called as such when the mince used is lamb (YUK!).

Kelly said...

Thanks for tagging me as well. I agree that this is fun. :-)

Bex said...

a tidy freezer full of cool things. That shepherds pie looks awesome. That is one of my all time favorite foods.

Sheree' said...

Thanks for tagging me. I will be posting my freezer this weekend. By the way your shephards pie looks so good. Got a recipe?

Bethany said...

you have tons of freezer space and it looks like you're using it well. The soy puffs look interesting.

shepherds pie = YUM!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online