
Somehow the day ran away with me yesterday and I didn't get around to posting. In any case we had leftovers so there wasn't much to blog about. I guess I could have talked about my favorite kitchen appliance (which is my hand blender by the way) but I got home late from work and wasn't really up to it.

Tonight, I wanted something fast and requiring very little effort on my part, so I tried to make the Chickpea and Quinoa Pilaf from Vcon, except I didn't have any more quinoa! I had already started chopping up stuff by the time I realized this so I had to improvise. I have a lot of brown rice in this house in many various forms so I decided to use up some of that. It turned out brilliantly! The only thing is I wasn't too sure how much water to put. I usually use my rice cooker to make rice and so doing it on the stove always gets me a little stumped. In the end the water didn't all evaporate and I'm not certain it was supposed to because this is my first time making pilaf. I'm sure if there are any leftovers it will be a perfect consistency tomorrow. I had a salad with it afterwards which is not pictured. I'll definitely make this again, I love the taste of coriander seeds and cumin together, yum!
3 comments:
Brilliant idea to use the rice! Coriander and cumin together are the best!
It looks perfectly delicious!
Yummy. I wish I had more dried chickpeas on hand because that looks so comforting and stick-to-your ribs good.
Post a Comment