Sunday, April 19, 2009

Changes

I've been thinking about making some big life changes lately. So the blog posts might become even more spotty than they are now. I'm also thinking of starting a new blog. I'm needing a fresh start in all aspects of my life right now. I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime I'll leave you with two projects I'm working on. One is this dress I made for Ayla. I still need to fix the neckline and take in the waist or something so that it falls more nicely on her. I had meant for it to be a dress. But I think it's going to end up a long shirt instead.

Second is the doll I said I was going to make for Ayla weeks ago. It's been taking me awhile. I started it one way then found a better pattern on Dancing Rain Dolls. I think I could do this as a profession. It's quite gratifying. I wonder if there is a market for vegan Waldorf dolls. They all seem to be made of wool. I'll get more into what my doll is made of when she's all done. Ayla has been stealing her from me every chance she gets. She walks around the house cuddling her, patting her back and calling her baby. I have her stashed in my knitting bag now out of her reach. Now I wish I could have gotten a picture of that! Ahh!

I'm off to read a new book I bought today called Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life by Jenna Woginrich. So far it's really good. For anyone that's thinking about getting back to the land so to speak it's definitely a winner. I've been actually looking to buy an acreage or rent one as you know for just that reason. Hopefully just the right place will come up soon enough.

1 comment:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Wow! You are wonderfully talented! Ayla's shirt/dress is beautiful, and the doll... well, the doll is fantastic!! I love its little bum. ;o)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online