Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Abigail

I made a very involved gift for a friend's daughter who's having a birthday party tomorrow. She's turning 1. I pulled out my never fail Olive doll from Wee Wonderfuls but I decided to use yarn for her hair to change it up. I also made a little skirt out of some lovely fabric I found at the quilt store here in town (pictured above). I made the dress for the doll out of the same fabric since I had a yard of it. Then I decided to either make a bib or a doll quilt with the rest. Of course I settled on the doll quilt. It's so beautiful I really wish I had made one for Ayla. At the last minute I decided to make a bag to put all of it in and appliquéd an 'A' on the front of it. I'm very pleased with how it all turned out. I've promised myself that I'll make something for Ayla next. Well there is a little boy who's also having a birthday in the next week or so. So maybe she'll be after that, we'll see!

I made some seitan kebabs the other night from a recipe I got online from I don't know where. My recipes are all printed out and thrown about haphazardly unfortunately. I slathered on some bbq sauce and threw them on the grill. I paired it with Vegan Dad's famous creamy mac and cheeze recipe except I decided to bake it at the last minute and threw on some Panko bread crumbs on the top.


On the grill...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky birthday girl! I've had that pattern for nearly a year, but still haven't made one. Not sure why, because they are so cute. Those doll quilts are also just too cutarific. I'm in awe.

Andi said...

What an amazing gift! I continue to be awed and impressed by your sewing, Aisha. And jealous. My sewing machine died two weeks ago. :(

Unknown said...

I love it all Eesh! I really wish you would open up an online boutique so we could order this stuff! I would definitely love the set you made for your friend! Maddy needs a doll : )

eesh said...

I would love to make Maddy a doll Joyce! I don't know about opening an online shop though!

Thanks ladies! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online