Yesterday I went grocery shopping and got a bag of organic apples for cheap because they were seriously over ripe. They smelled really sweet and so I immediately thought 'apple sauce'. I brought them home cored and peeled them then tossed them in the oven with a sprinkling of cinnamon. When they were done 10 mins later I tossed it all in the food processor and it was done. If you've never had homemade applesauce then you just don't know what you're missing. I didn't have to sweeten it at all because the apples were so ripe. That was the key. And the cinnamon just hit the spot. You could also put ground ginger, nutmeg, all spice, or whatever spice suits your fancy with apples. I tried to take a picture but the lighting in this house is beyond horrible. Not even my wonderful Canon can cope with it and I'm not at the phase where I set up elaborate lighting and mirror schemes for my blog pictures.
I made the mushroom risotto from Everyday Vegan paired with the Seitan Ribz from Fat-Free Vegan and a side of steamed green beans. Very good dinner indeed. And of course I had the applesauce for dessert.
I started getting back into the sewing mood lately as you know. I'm making a gift for a friend's daughter that is turning one next week Sunday so look for that in the next few days. I made a new cover for my ironing board because the old one was badly stained and gross looking. I followed the directions from the U-handbag blog that I stumbled upon yesterday. I also decided to make a cover for my sewing machine while I was at it. I still have to do the one for the Serger when I get another spare moment. I know it's a bit bold in pattern but it was the only fabric I had enough of to make a cover for both the ironing board and the sewing machines. It's actually growing on me every time I look at it.




2 comments:
I LOVE that fabric - totally me that is.
Those Ribz are a frequent meal in my house - they's yummy!
:)
Homemade Applesauce? Genius! I am gonna try to make some.
Post a Comment