
As promised I have the lovely doll quilts I made for Ayla a few days ago. I had a fun time putting them together as they're so small and quick to assemble. I bought a darning foot to try out stippling and figured the size of this project was perfect for it. I must say I'm horrible at it. My stitches are either to short or too long, they jump all over the place and basically not something to be running home about. But Ayla doesn't care and like I said it's good practice for me. I've been wanting to make a queen sized quilt for our bed with my Amy Butler blocks for some time now but I want to quilt the top myself. So this is a very necessary step. I have no idea how many doll quilts I'll have to make before I'm fairly confident I'll be able to do it. We'll see. I'm thinking of doing another lap quilt just to shake things up a bit. I guess it will be a lead up to the real big thing. I'm enjoying the quilting because there are no curves to it (as opposed to sewing clothing). Just straight lines easy peasy. I supposed it could get more difficult it I were to try a more involved pattern but I'm only just getting back into my sewing groove. I saved these pictures for when I'd have better lighting but of course when I thought about taking them it was night time again and so the lighting is still off.


And here are images of my stippling up close. Like I said it's a bit of a mess but I think once they're washed it won't make a bit of difference.
3 comments:
Glad to see you're back! I would really like to get into quilting - or at least give it a try - but feel so overwhelmed by it all. Maybe starting with a cutie doll quilt would be good - these are adorable!
Sweet kitty, but yep, baby animals are babies...so much work! But so sweet, too!
Those quilts are gorgeous! They're begging to be touched. And Mia is a sweety pie, I love her smudgey nose and her little paws.Hope to see more photos of her.
The doll quilts are lovely! I've been too scared to try free motion quilting, though I do have a darning foot. Did you use any tutorials? And, unfortunately, my sewing machine bit the dust (the one Steph's boyfriend gave me for free). I'm waiting for another friend of mine to lend me hers, but I have no idea when they will be. I haven't sewn anything for a week and I'm about to go crazy!
The kitten is adorable. ;)
Post a Comment