Tuesday, October 14, 2008

::14 ::

Tonight was a rushed night. Interestingly enough we didn't have much left overs from Thanksgiving dinner. I've never been one to love leftovers so I usually make just enough for one or two meals. Sometimes if there is a lot of leftovers I find myself being the only one eating it or I freeze it then forget about it and end up throwing it out with my annual freezer cleaning binges. Well maybe it's not annual but whenever the mood strikes me. And speaking of freezers, I've been tagged by Bex from How to Feed a Vegan to show what's in my vegan freezer. I actually have two freezers a deep freeze and the smaller fridge one. I'll have to get to that post tomorrow as it's pretty late and I'm not up to rummaging in two freezers at the moment. So instead, I'll give you tonight's hurried dinner.

I bought a bag of frozen veggies, Asian stir fry style, for those nights when you just want to throw something together. Some people buy canned or boxed food I buy frozen veggies, what are you gonna do. I thought about mixing them with tofu but I wasn't feeling in the mood for opening a new pack to use in a 'rushed' meal so I threw in a handful or two of cashews that I also have stashed in my deep freezer. Mixed that up with some rice noodles and a premade sweet chili sauce and you have dinner. I know it's very similar to what I just made a few days ago with the hot and sweet tofu but dang was it ever good. I have to say for freezer veggies I was expecting that they wouldn't be too good, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually saved some for Alex to have when he gets home later tonight from work but I think these leftovers are calling my name.

2 comments:

Sheree' said...

Darn, your stir fry looks awesome! I should have read your blog first and put cashews in mine yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Can I have the recipe for this premade sweet chili sauce, Aisha!

...Oh wait. By "premade", do you mean it was made when you bought it? (That would be the logical definition, but I just assumed it meant you made it in advance - because you're amazing like that!)

(PS We don't chat nearly as often as we used to, so I'm glad I have these blogs of yours to read!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online