Wednesday, October 1, 2008

:: 1 ::

To kick off Vegan Month of Food I've decided to start with breakfast. This morning I was craving pancakes so I whipped up these really fluffy and yummy blueberry pancakes. This is my standard recipe that I've been using for ages. It's a Martha Stewart recipe that's long since been veganized.

Blueberry Pancakes

1C Flour
1tsp Baking powder
1C Non dairy milk
2tsp Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
1Tbsp Oil
1/3C Blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix until just combined. Add blueberries (if using frozen, toss in flour before adding to batter so that it doesn't turn the batter blue, unless that's what you're going for). Mix, leaving some lumps. While the batter is resting heat a non stick frying pan on medium low heat. (I don't use oil in my pan but you can if you want to just use your discretion) Once the pan is heated drop the batter by the spoonful to your desired sized. Spread it evenly in the pan, flip once browned nice and evenly. Remove to a warmed plate. Enjoy with maple syrup!

2 comments:

Bex said...

That picture looks good enough to eat.

Bethany said...

I so want to be your neighbor and show up every day for breakfast. and probably lunch and dinner too ;-).

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online