
A part of me can't believe I took on this challenge of following Vegan MoFo. I'm usually the type that will say they're going to do something and then at the very last minute will drop out or decide that it's just not worth it. I know it can be a terrible trait but there you have it. I must say though, that this is making me really think outside of the box when it comes to making dinner. And I mean that literally, I'm trying to stay away from the pre-packaged stuff and make things from scratch whenever possible. This next dish comes from a cookbook I found here in Red Deer. It's called Authentic Recipes from Jamaica by John Demers. This cookbook is by no means vegan in anyway, but I wanted to get it so that I could veganize some of my favorite foods from my pre-vegan days. I'm really happy I got it because the pictures are so full of color and it makes me think of visiting my family over there and the good times we had back when I was much younger.

I chose to make the Ginger Tamarind Chicken replacing the poor chicken with a batch of seitan I made using
Chris's recipe from Eat Air. I also added some poultry seasoning and swapped the beans for tofu. It turned out really tender with just the right kind of bite. I decided that I wanted to make a coconut rice to go with it so I roughly used the recipe from
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan by
Dreena Burton. I added some thyme and spring onions and omitted the lime juice. All of that with a nice spring salad, it was a perfect meal to end the day. We finished the chocolate chip cookies today so I'm already deciding on my next sweet delight. We'll see!
3 comments:
looks really good!
I second that. Gingner Tamarind Seitan...mmmmm.
That looks so amazing. Like restaurant food. mmmm...
Post a Comment