I've been itching to make a ratatouille ever since I saw the movie. I had never heard of it before but I figured it would be a good way for me to introduce myself to eggplant in a good way. We tried it once before but I think we weren't took keen on the results. It was a deep fried recipe and I think it absorbed too much of the oil. I remember reading somewhere after the fact that eggplant does that. Anyway, so I was checking out all the lovely vegan blogs doing updates and I came upon the Vegan Lunch Box by none other than Jennifer McCann aka Jennifer Shmoo. She had done a lovely ratatouille for lunch the other day and she so kindly emailed me her recipe to try out on my own.
Well, to my complete delight it was really fast and so simple to put together. And I must say it was very very delicious indeed. I'll definitely add this to my 'must make again' list. The only downside to all of this? It's not very photogenic. I made it this afternoon before leaving for work at 2:30 and by the time I came home at 5:30 all of the nice bright colors had kind of all melded into one big beige. So even though this doesn't look amazing it really does taste good. We paired it with some pumpernickel bread using the pumpernickel crouton recipe from VwaV.Luckily I can still save this post with some cuteness in the form of my sleeping babe. I've been telling my mother for weeks now about how Ayla likes to sleep using a pillow because I guess that's what she sees Alex and I doing. Today I had to wake her up from her nap to go pick up Alex from work and I came upon this sight. It was too good to pass up!


1 comment:
rattatouille is so good. I loved that movie. Once in a while I watch Rachel Ray. If the food is vegan I will watch the food parts, if not, I will ffwd.
Turns out she is obsessed w/ that movie and she made ratattatouille on her show, just like he did. Parchment paper and all.
Post a Comment