I'm having a great time thinking up new things to make for Vegan MoFo. It's forcing me to actually get in the kitchen and whip up some good food. Yesterday after dinner my sweet tooth started kicking in so I asked Alex what he'd like me to make. He immediately asked for chocolate chip cookies.
We're huge fans of the Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies in Vive le Vegan by Dreena Burton. They're amazing and I've never used another chocolate chip cookie recipe since finding this one. I know there are probably others out there that are just as good but the ingredients used in this recipe are right up my alley. They don't call for butter (unlike most cookie recipes) which is quite pricey in my neck of the woods. I had to use the flash since it's late and the shadows are out to play.PS. How do you like my vintage cookie jar that says 'Biscuits' (French for cookies) on it. I just love it so much!


4 comments:
Dreena's is a staple in our home too! We just made them about 2 weeks ago, but oh so dangereous. I eat toooo many. :o)
I made them recently too. I use a full tablespoon of molasses. and I smoosh them a bit so that they are flat. I love the consistency of them. she has a link to the recipe on her site.
Yum. I like the fact that the ingredients are simple & inexpensive. Yours look perfect!
I need to try this recipe. Why haven't I yet? I do not know. They look perfect.
Post a Comment