
I figured I'd just call this five since I missed that day and today is technically day five of Vegan Mofo. So first up is what we had for breakfast. The famous tofu scramble. It's a given when becoming vegan that you'll adopt a tofu scramble as your go to breakfast when you've got time on your hands. And really it doesn't need a recipe but there are many good ones out there. This was just a freestyle as we like to call anything we make up as we go along in this house. Basically it's bell peppers, tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, firm silken tofu, basil, salt, pepper, a pinch of tumeric, and a dash of paprika. Oh and the toast in the back ground is home made bread I made yesterday. I threw the kale in there for some greens. I just sauteed them with some soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder. It was a very yummy breakfast.

For dinner Alex used up the rest of the shiitake mushrooms we had left over from breakfast and this really amazing deep fried tofu that I found at Superstore. I also found some egg style noodles at the grocery that don't contain any eggs! I read both the french and english ingredients just to be sure. Again another freestyle that turned out amazingly.
4 comments:
Ooooh... yum!
both plates look great. I love the scrambles.
You found that tofu at the superstore?! I'm soo looking for that on my next trip.
The eggs look yummy too! Thanks for sharing. :)
2 great meals in 1 day, wow! I survive off leftovers and I don't know what else for all meals except 1 good one per day. I'm envious.
Post a Comment