Wednesday, October 29, 2008

:: 29 ::

Tonight was much better in the dinner making department. Ayla was very cooperative (ie. entertaining herself while I got dinner prepared) and so I got more done than I anticipated. Well it doesn't look like much but I had the idea to make something with chick peas tonight and this is what came of it. I was rifling thru my Jamaican cookbook and came across a curry recipe that I knew would go perfect with chick peas and potatoes. I didn't feel for having rice again so I decided to make some roti, which is a type of Indian flat bread for those wondering. I did make curried chick peas some weeks ago and I do remember saying that I would never use another recipe for it because it was that good. But I didn't have any more coriander seeds and that was one of the main ingredients for that curry. So this one that I found made perfect use of the spices I did have while not compromising the taste one bit. Definitely a two thumbs up for this dinner tonight. Especially the roti, I can't believe I made it myself it's so good. I wish I had doubled the recipe instead of halved it!

Hmm, I can't decide which picture I like best so I'll leave both :)

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

That looks really good. I LOVE Jamaican Spices.

Kelly said...

Glad to hear things are going better. That dinner looks delicious. I don't have much experience with Jamaican food but that dish looks so favorful and perfect with the roti.

You should DEFINITELY make the colby recipe out of The Uncheese Cookbook. It's so flavorful and as a bonus, melts beautifully, even in the refrigerator. I'm thinking a grilled cheese w/ tomato and some mac and cheese may be in order.

As for the ice cream maker, it's an attachment for my kitchenaid mixer that I keep in the freezer. It works really well and doesn't take up much space, which I love.

Anonymous said...

I love that you made your own roti! Very cool. I don't know why, but chickpeas and potatoes just love curry for some crazy reason!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online