Yesterday was quite the night for all of us. Ayla was up for more than 12 hours straight with a horrible head cold and painful gas to boot. We finally got her to bed at 3:30am but then she would sleep for 1 hour then wake up for another 15 minutes of intense crying. Let's just say Alex and I were completely tuckered out for the whole day today. However, that didn't stop me from going ahead with our scheduled Thanksgiving day menu. Oh yea, it's Thanksgiving here in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving!I made the simple seitan from Veganomicon based on the recipe that Isa posted the other day on the PPK (ie. she replaced the nooch for chickpea flour and breaded it with panko for frying). I decided to pair that with some homemade cranberry sauce, baked potatoes (sweet and regular), a mixed greens salad and some baked apples drizzled in maple syrup and a few dashes of soy sauce. I must say that it was an amazing meal to end the day. But the best part came with dessert. I made my first apple pie and it didn't disappoint! I used this recipe from allrecipes.com and a pie crust recipe from a fellow vegan blogger who's blog and name completely escapes me. In any case, this was the best pie I've ever had! The crumb topping was so good that I'm drooling and thinking of another piece as I write this. So anyway, all in all we had a very peaceful and fulfilling day.


One last thing, lately Ayla and I have been going on walks whenever we get the chance. That usually means whenever she climbs the stairs and starts pulling down all the shoes off the rack and trying to open the front door. In any case, the other day we were out for our walk and she tripped and fell on her face, on the sidewalk. I have to say, I must have some bad luck when it comes to watching her. She's constantly falling on her face! I must seem like the world's most negligent mother. Needless to say I think I'll just keep her away from public places till this one clears up...


4 comments:
YUM!!!!
Bless Ayla's little nose.
I remember my cousin taking a spill off a deck and I remember me taking a flying leap off some steps onto my face. It happens.
Your Thanksgiving looks delicious!
And, you've been tagged.
http://howtofeedavegan.blogspot.com/2008/10/whats-in-your-vegan-freezer.html
she's so cute! I was contstantly covered in scratches when I was little. I've still go them, but now my scratches are from cats and blackberry bushes (that are taking over the yard).
There are some Canadians in our seattle vegan group, so we had a potluck. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment