Tonight I wanted to make something that was going to be just as tasty as yesterday's meal. I think I hit the spot with this one. I used the recipe for the Sweet & Hot Tofu that Vegan Dad blogged about a couple of weeks ago. I knew the minute I saw it that I would have to make it. It took me long enough to get around to it. But damn was it ever worth it! If you have not given this recipe a try then you seriously do not know what you are missing. I paired it with those chow mein egg type noodles (without eggs!) and some baby bok choy. I'm giving you 'pot' shots as I didn't take any pictures after it was all dished out.
I also made the Vegan Genoise Cake from Nonna's Italian Kitchen for dessert. I've been looking everywhere for a light sponge type vegan cake recipe not realizing that I've been sitting on one the whole time. I haven't tried it yet but just taking it out of the pan it felt really light and fluffy. I can't wait till it cools enough for me to dig in. I thought about icing it with something but I think I'll just have it plain with some fruit. Yum!
So I'm thinking about heading back into the sewing room to make something, anything. But I'm not sure what. I keep umming and uhhing the whole thing and usually just end up leaving empty handed. I think I might make something for Ayla, that way I'll be starting small while getting myself back in the groove.I'm also thinking about changing the name of this blog. I didn't realize that after I had created it there was someone out there with the blog name A Crafy Vegan. I hadn't thought of putting 'A' before 'Crafty Vegan' when I was searching out blog names. So stay tuned for that as well.


1 comment:
dinner looks good. the cake looks fluffy.
naming things can be difficult. maybe you could append something to your existing blog name. I think leaving it the same is ok.
Post a Comment