Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wrapping up summer

Today was a very lovely day out. The weather people were forecasting that it would be the last official day of hot summery weather here in central Alberta. I decided to give my friend a call who I had met in the mommy group on Facebook and ask her if she'd like to spend the day outside enjoying it. We went to Heritage Ranch and took a nice leisurely walk with the girls. I must say the good thing about living here is that there is a wealth of great outdoor places to take walks and enjoy nature without the traffic and noise of a major city.

We got some great shots as usual. I can't wait till the trees start to really turn and we can get some great fall pictures as well.


Ayla was complaining in these last two photos because Faith had been using her as a prop to try to stand up. She was not receptive to the idea by any means. She's just turned around to tell her to stop. I just love how Faith looks completely oblivious and innocent, especially in the second picture.

I've been making a budget so that we can get on top of our finances. It's actually been a very cathartic process for me. I'm now reading Women & Money by Suze Orman. So far so good. I'm on a money kick right now so not much sewing happening.

However, there has been some cooking! Yesterday we had a spinach and kale salad with mushrooms, green onions and tomatoes. For the main course we had gnocchi with a home made tomato sauce and a side of home made garlic bread. It was a major hit. We'll definitely make this again and again and again.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online