So today as I was folding laundry and sorting thru all the clothes that I've accumulated for Ayla and wanted to give away. My darling daughter was 'helping out' and opening and closing the dresser drawers and trying to dump all the clothes I am keeping all over the place. I kept trying to close them and tell her "no, we're keeping those" and "to help mama with these piles over here". Needless to say she wasn't listening one bit and that's how the accident happened. She opened the bottom drawer and somehow slipped and fell into the corner of it. Right in the middle of her forehead. I just stood there and saw the whole thing happen. It was like slow motion but not. And then the blood started gushing from her head. I never thought I'd see such a sight! My poor baby! She was such a trooper though. I think I kept my cool pretty well and she didn't get panicked. She cried for the cleaning and the bandaid application but then she was right as rain.
Oh, and yesterday she was playing with her doll cradle and leaned on it in a funny way I guess because somehow it ended up smacking her in the face! You can see somewhat in the above pictures a little bruise on her left cheek right beside her nose. It looks like a shadow in the pictures but it's really a bruise. This child is going to give me a heart attack! Babies and accidents, I think at this stage it's unavoidable!


3 comments:
Luckily they're pretty darn tough! I'm glad she's okay and didn't need stitches. That would have been scarier than the accident, for sure.
Oh no! I think the bandaid is a good look. ;) But I'm glad to hear that she's doing okay, and that you guys didn't have to go to the hospital. And good on you for keeping calm, it's not easy to do when your kid is bleeding.
Aww, poor bubbers! It's so scary when they get hurt isn't it?
Post a Comment