Monday, August 4, 2008

A long weekend

A long weekend indeed, or maybe it was a too fast gone by weekend. Saturday was Alex's birthday and so I decided to make the triple layer chocolate cake by Dreena from Everyday Vegan. I topped it off with raspberries and it turned out amazingly! He loved it and has practically eaten half of it already! In the morning I made the Fronch toast recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. It was the first time I had made this recipe for vegan french toast and I must say, I can't imagine why anyone ever used eggs in french toast! Very good stuff. We even made it again on Sunday morning with veggie sausages, yum yum. For dinner we made a curry chickpea and potatoes from a new cookbook I had bought the day before at another one of our favorite stores in this town called Sunflower. They have a great selection of kitchen gadgets and books and many different things for around the house. But I digress. The chickpea curry was amazing! I told Alex that I was never going to make chickpea curry any other way again. The recipe called for a lot of spices in very large quantities but I edited as I saw fit. Two tablespoons of cayenne pepper is just way too much for my palette!

On Sunday we decided to head to Lake Louise to get some great pictures and see the glacier lake. It was beautiful as usual. We got some really great shots and Ayla was being super cute saying 'Bye, bye!' to everyone as we were leaving. I have so many Lake Louise pictures so please bear with me, I just didn't know which ones to weed out!

How do you like the chipmunk that decided to pose with Ayla in the background. He was in three of the shots we took of her like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics, look at Ayla standing up by herself! Wow how the time flies! Is she walking yet?

eesh said...

She's just starting!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online