Saturday, June 21, 2008

Snickerdoodles and leisurely walks

Vegan Dad posted about making snickerdoodles the other day and the recipe was so easy that I decided to whip up a batch yesterday. Holy snickerdoodles! Are these things every addictive. We both followed the recipe posted over at the Have Cake, Will Travel blog. I doubled the recipe because I wanted a little bit more than just seven cookies. With a nice glass of soy milk it was a very nice dessert indeed.

For dinner I just threw together some seitan I had in the freezer with some roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes. Again it was another comforting dinner. I just used store bought bbq sauce thinned out with some soy sauce and water to glaze the seitan. Unfortunately, the pictures of this meal didn't turn out too stellar. A fault of the photographer and not the camera (note to self: must learn how to use digital camera in poor lighting conditions).

Before all this cooking, Ayla and I went out on a leisurely walk yesterday on a new trail beside my house. The trail isn't really new it's just new to us. We got a couple of mosquito bites and ended up taking another route home but it was lovely all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all the updates, Aisha!! It's nice, since we don't get as much MSN time anymore. Hugs to you and Ayla!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online