Thursday, June 19, 2008

I love fabric

Yesterday I got my Amy Butler fabric in the mail from Pink by Post. I had ordered some fat quarters with the intention of making something fabulous. I had no idea what at the time but as I was drooling over the prints today I realized I haven't even cracked open my In Stitches book yet! I keep eying it saying I want to make something, anything really, but I don't want to use crappy fabric and so I wait. Well wait no longer!

I really wanted to make that patchwork handbag I spoke about a few posts ago. And the summery colors and prints will be perfect for it. Speaking of fabric, I haven't gone fabric shopping since before Christmas. I've been trying to use up what I have and not accumulate a huge overwhelming hoard. But I'm really getting the itch, especially since I want to make some summer clothing and I don't really have the right kind for that. Actually, I've been looking online for a place that sells enviro-friendly fabric that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping to here. So far I've been out of luck but hopefully I'll stumbled upon something soon. I see many companies selling enviro-friendly clothing made of soy, bamboo, hemp, organic cotton etc, but none selling the actual fabric which is a bit of a bummer because I want to see what it's like to sew with them.

On another note, I got some really cute pictures of Ayla today in the sunshine. Here she is wearing her smock dress I made the other day and also sitting on her lap quilt. The dress is a little big on her but I don't mind so much because there's always room for her to grow into it. Gotta love that about kids' clothing!

Also, another dress I found at a thrift store awhile back. I never got around to putting it on her but it fits very nicely now. I love the little embroidered detail on the front flap and the puffy sleeves. It definitely has a vintage look to it which I absolutely love.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online