Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New projects

I was listening to my Ipod yesterday and getting frustrated with the fact that none of my pajama bottoms have pockets on them and so I end up having to tuck it into the waistband. To remedy my problem I decided I might as well make some. I have a bunch of fabric that I got from Freecycle that I have no intention of making outside clothing from but is perfect for bed clothes. I had a couple of New Look patterns for pj bottoms that I bought when I was back in high school or college so I pulled them out and decided on the one I wanted to use (pattern 6160). It was fairly fast to put together but took me a couple of hours to add and tweak as I went along. I immediately put them on when I finished and they felt as if I had been lounging in them all day, they're that comfortable. So now I have an itch to make a couple more for the summer. The pocket detail wasn't part of the pattern but was very easy to add. I also decided that I didn't just want it to be of the one material and embellished it a little by adding the pink band at the bottom and pocket edges. Sorry for the dark pictures, it's just started thundering and raining here so the clouds have moved in and overshadowed everything.

I also made a dinner that I had been eying on Vegan Yum Yum. It was kind of involved but it turned out wonderfully, I'll be looking forward to having the leftovers tonight. It's a sweet chili lime tofu with steamed green beans and spinach on top of quinoa.


I also made a card for my grand mother in Jamaica. I wanted something that would be stiff enough to protect the pictures that I wanted to send her but also nice to look at. I had such a great time putting it together. I just love paper crafts.

Now that I'm in a sewing craze I think I'm going to try making some more adult clothing for myself for summer. I think I mentioned this before but when I moved here I got rid of a large chunk of my wardrobe. Then I got pregnant and had Ayla and nothing feels like 'me' anymore and so I'm just needing a makeover. So I'll be adding some fun work in progresses to my list this summer. I think that once I get in the hang of working with some of the easier conventional patterns then I won't be so scared to tackle the larger pieces when it comes to fall and winter wear. It's been my dream forever to make my own winter coat and I can finally see that on the horizon.

1 comment:

Andi said...

While I still haven't come to love pink, I must commend you work on pjs pants. Have you tried the lounge pants from In Stitches yet? I'm still too chicken shit to try making clothing for myself. I'm not sure if hand sewing is really up to the task.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online