Friday, June 27, 2008

More sewing and a bbq dinner

Last night I finished reading my new Sew U book and I have to say that it really is a great resource book for beginner sewers. Actually I would say that it probably has helpful and useful tips for those who have been sewing for a bit longer as well. Tonight I'll try to start and finish the home stretch one. I have to say that's the one I'm really interested in reading up on. I've always wanted to work with knits but it's very tricky with a regular sewing machine. There are so many cute outfits made from knits that you really don't want to try if you don't know what you're doing because that way definitely leads to frustration. I forgot to mention that I picked up the June/July 2008 issue of Threads magazine the other day when we went camping. I've never read a magazine dedicated to sewing so it's really nice to have it around. I only just got around to reading it so I'll keep you posted if there are any projects in it that I'd like to try out.

Last night we decided to fire up the bbq for dinner. We had some veggie kabobs marinating in the fridge that were left over from Monday's dinner and I decided to pair it with the recipe for the veggie McChik'n nuggets from Vegan Dad's blog. I had made the nuggets sometime last week but forgot to take pictures. They turned out really well and had a great texture to them so I figured they're go perfect on the grill. As I suspected they turned out wonderfully and I'm so glad I had thought of it. I made a rice pilaf that we had bought by Zatarain's. I'm not a fan of their brand but it turned out half decent.

Just a quick note, if anyone is interested in sewing stuff up for the summer over at Sew, Mama, Sew! they've designated July as Summer sewing month. Summer sewing projects will be posted to the blog daily that you can whip up if you so desire for the month of July. They'll also be giving away free fabric to four lucky people who post to the blog by Monday. Happy Sewing!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online