Today I was awoken at 8:30am by a wonderfully pleasant ring at my door. It was the mail man bringing my book delivery that I had ordered on chapters last week. I'd been eying the Built by Wendy books and decided to just take the plunge and get them. First up was Sew U: The Built by Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe. A definite must to my now expanding sewing library. It comes with three Simplicity patterns and is chock full of helpful information.
Next up was Sew U Home Stretch: The Built by Wendy Guide to Sewing Knit Fabrics. Also another great sewing book. Especially since it's geared more towards using a serger for sewing knits. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have a serger practically collecting dust. I really wanted this book so that I'd have a reason to haul it out and make some fabulous things. My serger scares me at the moment.
Later in the morning I finally got my print that I had ordered off the Etsy shop The Black Apple. I just love her work so much and was dying to see my print. Isn't it beautiful? It's currently all framed up and ready to be hung on the wall. I'm not sure where I want to hang it though. I don't want it in any direct sunlight. Not that my house actually gets direct sunlight. Hence the dark pictures sometimes.

This is a little postcard that came with the print. It's so cute I think I'll get a smaller 4x6 frame for it.
I forgot to mention yesterday that before we left to go camping I had received my bamboo yarn that I had ordered online from Knit for Brains. I was looking for a place to buy wool free but luxurious yarns when I stumbled upon this site. I have to say that this bamboo yarn does not disappoint! It has a weighty feel to it but it's extremely soft and silky. I'm not sure what I want to make with it yet. But I know it has to be perfect. I'll probably order some more skeins in different colors. I also want to order some bamboo knitting needles. They're so much better to work with than the metal ones. I keep holding out because I have instructions on how to make my own and I want to give that a shot too. We'll see! So much to do so little time!
For dinner last night I decided to go the Mexican route with some beans and rice and burritos. It turned out lovely and tasted even better. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch today.
Ayla was being quite pouty and disagreeable this morning as I was trying to take pictures of my new stash. Poor thing I couldn't resist getting some shots in of her.


2 comments:
Holy Crap! I ordered Sew U a couple of days ago and it is due to arrive tomorrow! This is starting to get creepy.....
Are you serious!? That's just crazy! You're going to love it. I just finished reading it and I can't wait to go buy some fabric and get started!
Post a Comment