I've been away. I think I haven't posted since Friday because I was taking a small break. We decided to go camping again this weekend. It was a long weekend due to today being Canada day. Alex had Monday off and so it was our intention to go camping for a couple of days. The weather here has been amazingly hot and so it was going to be perfect. This time we were going to be better prepared. It was still last minute but we knew better now. I even checked the weather network website just to be sure. Triple checked even.
It rained. Yes people our perfectly planned camping trip got rained out again. You see normally we wouldn't mind the rain. We would just wait it out. The problem is that we don't have a lot of time off and so usually we're just going for two nights. And we don't want to have to pack up a wet tent that will need drying off later. So we decided to leave early again. We didn't regret going though.
It was a nice night away and we got to roast some vegan marshmallows I got from Vegan Essentials by Sweet and Sara. They were amazing and roasted perfectly. Alex kept wondering why they even bother to put gelatin in 'regular' marshmallows if the vegan ones are so perfect in taste, texture and form. We also saw about half a dozen shooting stars. It was really amazing. They were moving so slow that it was hard to miss them. Just as I was headed to the tent for bed Alex said he saw a really fast one but unfortunately I missed it. I'm sure there will be many more. We snapped up these pictures the morning before we left. I love camping.



No comments:
Post a Comment