So many new things have been happening in my life that I don't even know where to start. It's almost time to go back to work and I'm not looking forward to that. So in the meantime I'm trying to immerse myself in all things crafty. I finally finished Ayla's quilt today and I also made her a smock type dress the other day as well. I just love the way they both turned out. I'm also in knitting mode and have been trying to finish up another dish cloth that I started a few days ago. I have quilt on the brain lately and have been dreaming of making a quilt from a book I got for Christmas for Alex's sister who's having her baby today of all days. I haven't really been crafting at all since Christmas, I think I posted this in my last post back in February but I just don't know how I had the time back then to make all the things I ended up making. Ayla doesn't give me a moment's break and so I can't seem to get much done before she's demanding my attention.
I should mention I got a new camera! The Canon Rebel XTi. It's a lovely camera and I'll definitely be experimenting this summer with it. I've taken dozens of photos of Ayla already but I haven't really been experimenting with it as yet. We also plan on going camping and so I suspect I'll be getting some really nice shots.
Here are some pictures of what's been keeping me busy these last few days:
I should mention I got a new camera! The Canon Rebel XTi. It's a lovely camera and I'll definitely be experimenting this summer with it. I've taken dozens of photos of Ayla already but I haven't really been experimenting with it as yet. We also plan on going camping and so I suspect I'll be getting some really nice shots.
Here are some pictures of what's been keeping me busy these last few days:
We got a new bunny but she didn't last very long. I felt as if I had had another child and it was just too much! I still want a pet but maybe when Ayla is a little bit older. We named her Sara for the short time that she was with us.
Ayla's quilt all washed and folded up. I love the way it got all crinkled after being washed. Sorry about the first photo, it's kind of dark I'll have to take another picture of it properly one day. I have to say quilting wasn't very easy and as you can see from the first picture that it's all puckery in all the wrong places. I'm thinking my tension was off while sewing but I didn't notice till it was all pieced together. So I'll have to figure that out for my next one.

Ayla's smock type dress after just coming out of the wash. I contemplated ironing it before the photo op but I kinda like the crinkled look. I like the flower detail but I'm thinking of making it more elaborate, maybe. I added the button because I wasn't into dealing with the whole zipper thing.




1 comment:
I love the quilt and dress! Its adorable! Ayla is too cute, I love those cheeks and lips, those are my favorite parts of Maddy's face! I understand about her taking all of your time, I am so drained running after Maddy and she's only been rolling around everywhere! When do you have to go back to work? That really sucks! I think everyone should have a 1 year maternity leave at the minimum! Take care!! Joyce
Post a Comment