Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A long time coming

First off I have to give a big congrats to the Americans out there for electing their new president Barack Obama. I must say that I'm super thrilled by the outcome and so grateful that I'm able to witness history in the making. I can only imagine what it must be like living south of the border at a time like this. A change has definitely come to America. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next four years.

In an attempt to get back into the sewing room I'm kicking off this holiday season with making newborn hats for a project that Amanda started on her amazing blog soulemama. It's my favorite family oriented blog and I can't get enough of all the great ideas she has and puts out there. This newest idea is nothing short of fabulous. You can check out the details at Mama to Mama.

I'm also thinking long and hard on what I want to get for Ayla and Alex this year. It's going to be a tight year money wise for us and I'd imagine a lot of people out there, so I'm trying to be as frugal and conscious as I can. I definitely must put a handmade spin on it so we'll see. I might even end up doing Etsy this year because I don't think I'll be sewing much. I really don't know what's gotten into me in the sewing department. Maybe I'm just suffering from some kind of burnout.

Yesterday night I made souvlaki for dinner with a homemade vegan tzatziki. I can't remember where I got the recipe. I want to say Vegan Dad but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, it was Amazing, with a capital A. Especially the tzatziki! This is not the first time I've made it and again it just blew me away. I'm going to try to find out where I got the recipe from and post the link here because you've just got to make this. Even if it's just for dipping purposes because that would work too. I found some Yves veggie skewers at the grocery and decided to try them out in the souvlaki, again this wasn't the first time buying them but they said the taste had 'improved' from the last time I bought them so I decided to give it a try. The first time I bought them they weren't all that good, but this time I have to say they really did improve the flavor and texture. I baked them in the oven this time and they came out perfectly.

Tonight we had the famous General Tao's tofu from Vegweb. I made it with the deep fried tofu that I found at my grocery instead of frying up my own. Turned out perfectly. This is definitely a general tao recipe worth holding on to. I like trying out different ones though just to see how the flavor changes subtly.

Update: It was Vegan Dad who had posted the tzatziki recipe! Here's the link to the recipe, hope you try it out it's really really good!

1 comment:

mecamo said...

Hm, this looks very yummy!

greetinxxx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online