So it isn't exactly Monday today is it. I had every intention of blogging before this but alas the weekend was devoid of any creative endeavors. I was feeling particularly lazy and actually didn't even get around to reading Craft Inc. like I had wanted to. Since moving here we've had boxes of stuff under our stairs waiting to be sorted through. It was becoming a real fire hazard and we couldn't fit anything else under there that we might actually like to keep for whatever reason. So we finally hauled everything out and decided enough was enough. It's been two years and really if we haven't used it by now I can't see how it will be relevant later. Yet, yet upon opening those boxes I kept coming across things that I just couldn't possibly part with! Why is that always the case with junk? In any event, my sewing room is full of boxes of books because really that made up about 90% of what I had stored under there. I have a question, what does one do with all the textbooks from college and university? I didn't sell every book I acquired at school and now I have these huge, heavy and complicated looking texts just clogging up my area. I'm not sure what to do with them as they were quite expensive but it's been awhile and I'm sure classes are no longer using these editions. So, pray tell what do I do with these cumbersome texts?

I should mention that technically I didn't do anything this weekend in the sewing room but I did whip up a t-shirt yesterday night after Ayla had gone to bed. I didn't have a pattern and so I used one of my favorite t-shirts. Well I do have a t-shirt pattern but I wanted to use my favorite shirt so that it would have exactly the same or be very similar in fit. Well, it is nicely fitted on my body but the neck is a little too wide and so it hangs awkwardly as if it's stretched out and so I don't know what to do to fix it. It looks perfect on the dress form but that's because it's covered in fabric and the shirt clings to it perfectly. Unfortunately, I'm not covered in fabric. I thought about adding an elastic gather in the front but I really just wanted a t-shirt with nothing fancy going on. I'll have to ponder it some more tonight.

A couple of nights ago Alex made a really great dinner for us but I forgot to post about it. He made a panini with sautéed red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, baked tofu and fresh basil and a cucumber salad with fresh coriander/cilantro and his own homemade vinaigrette. It was all so very amazingly yummy that just writing about it now has me salivating.

Last night he made a tomato and peach salad topped with fresh parsley and again his own vanaigrette and I whipped up a pesto. Again it was a very good dinner but not as amazing as the panini and cucumber salad. I'm so terrible at taking food pictures you'll have to bear with me. It's definitely not the camera but the photographer.


And last but not least. Today Ayla used the potty! I know, I know it's seriously too early for her to be using the potty. But I was changing her diaper and before I could get the new one on her I heard her making forcing sounds. The old one was already tossed so there was only one option. I plopped her down on the as yet to be used potty and she happily sat there and did her business. Of course, I just had to take a picture. Of her, not the business... ;) I know she'll be terribly embarrassed one day that I posted this but I just can't help myself. Note how she's placed her hand, as if she knows this will be world news and to cover up her girly bits.
2 comments:
That picture is too cute, but you're right, she'll likely be super embarrassed that you posted it online. Kind of like my mom's picture of my sister and I with the chicken pox...
I can't believe you still have all of your text books! You probably could still sell them privately, at a reduced price. More people than you would think are happy to buy outdated editions because they are so much cheaper. Otherwise, they make a nice conversation piece. ;)
And that panini does indeed look gorgeous. Lee and I make a similar one, but we use brushetta that we make ourselves. It's a summer stand by.
Go Ayla! Some kids learn to use the toilet way ahead of the norm. My brother was really young, but I can't remember the exact age. My mom was worried, because she'd heard that kids who start "too early" can then get lazy, then revert to going in their drawers again. But he never went back.
I hear ya, on the old textbooks! I found this idea on Apartment Therapy, but can't decide if it's tacky or cool. (I tend to like tacky stuff though, so I'll probably try it with some old Gourmet mags.)
http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/how-to/craft-a-table-using-old-magazines-060208
Post a Comment