As promised I finished Ayla's dress for the party we're going to on Sunday. I love the way it turned out. I basically made it up as I went along. I wanted the skirt to look 'full' so I gathered the front and then added an elastic to the back. I also originally wanted to do a halter dress but it sort of morphed into something slightly different. However, for the most part it turned out exactly how I pictured it in my mind. I love the fact that I can easily alter the clothes that I make for her. Usually I just trace an outline from clothes she already has for the general shape then alter, tweak and edit to my heart's desire. I have some lovely vintage patterns that I found for babies at the thrift store but I haven't got around to using them yet.

I must say, sewing baby clothes is such a treat because it takes practically no time at all and it usually always turns out looking great. The dress is only a tad bit big for her in the shoulder area but I'm still happy with it because she won't grow out of it too soon. As you can see I have an affinity for embellishing with buttons. I don't know what it is but I'm so drawn to them. Especially since I have mine all color coordinated and laid out in clear jars in my sewing room.


No comments:
Post a Comment