I finally got around to finishing those Bermuda shorts I had cut out ages ago. They were sitting on my sewing table begging to be finished but I just didn't have the drive. I kept getting side tracked by other things. Well am I ever happy with how they turned out! Wow even better than I expected. I won't say that I didn't have more than my fare share of bumps in the sewing road but it was well worth it in the end. I thought that my waist size would be a 12 and not my normal size 10 so I cut it out bigger and well let's just say that even if I had cut out a 10 I would have had to alter it. I ended up having to add two additional darts at the back. They don't show too badly so I'm happy with it. Instead of using metal hooks I added a coral button on the front to match with the little bit running throughout the fabric. I used the McCalls 5391 pattern (view E) to make them. I'm definitely going to try another view and make these again with a different fabric.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Lovely pants!
Laura from Italy
Post a Comment