Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence day

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans out there. I don't have much to report. I've been watching back episodes of Project Runway for the last couple of days and so haven't been spending much time in the sewing room. It's such a great show, I can't get enough of it. I just wish I had more episodes to watch! But really it's best that I don't because I'm not getting any of my summer sewing projects done! I'm actually feeling a little be overwhelmed from watching that show. I feel like I have a thousand ideas running through my head and no time to execute any of them. It's very hard for me to work in shifts. When I get into my sewing space I just like to lose myself in my projects until they're done. But usually I'll only get the cutting done one day, the pinning another and so on until it's actually complete. So I find myself not coming up with the best that I can do because I'm just trying to decide on something I can finish relatively quickly. I'm actually looking ahead to the fall and thinking up some really cool designs that I would love to sew but we'll see how that works out especially since I'll be going back to work in two weeks! Yikes! I can't believe that my year of maternity leave is already up. It's bittersweet. I realize more than ever that I'm in the wrong profession but there's not much I can do about it right now. I'm just gonna tough through until the right opportunity presents itself. I figure it's time I stopped whining about my situation in life and either change it or work towards a change I can live with, so that's what I'm going to do. My boss and coworkers are really excited to have me back so that has been a little heart warming.

Speaking of work, I'm thinking that I should start coming up with some interesting outfits that I can wear when I start back. It's a very casual atmosphere as we're working with dirt in all it's myriad forms. Denim is very prevalent but I want a bit of a twist on it and also some new tops. I have some jeans that I'm looking to alter we'll see how that goes. I really want to make a cool denim dress that I can wear with leggings. That would be so 80s but with a modern twist. I wonder if that would look cool with steel toed boots? I think my coworkers will just think I'm crazy but hey if I'm not planning on buying any more clothes for awhile I gotta come up with my own style. On that topic, I keep thinking about my personal style and I wish someone could look at me and tell me what they think my style is because I just don't know. I love retro and vintage things but I also love lace and really feminine twists but I'm totally into casual jeans and t-shirts as well. I love the look of heels but you probably would never find me in any and I'm very partial to my running shoes, flip flops and flats. I feel like when you watch a show like Project Runway, it gives you so much inspiration but then makes you think about your own fashion rut that most of us can get stuck into. Well, rut or not here are some great Old Navy outfits that definitely inspire me.

Like I said I don't wear heels but that doesn't stop me from drooling over a pair when I see one I love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the fits! And get yourself a pair of heels girl! You will love them, trust me! I'm a flip flop and flat girl myself but I love an opportunity to break out (or buy a new pair) of heels!

Btw, I looooooooove Project Runway and it inspires me too! A new season starts this week!

eesh said...

Thanks Joyce! Actually I went to Payless the other day and they had this lovely pair of patent leather heels and I was so tempted to buy them. But I ended up not getting them in the end. Perhaps I'll go back!

I can't wait to watch the new season of PR! I'm so excited!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online