Sunday, June 15, 2008

Calling all Papas

The time ran away with me yesterday and so I'm not getting my post out till today. As I stated before usually when I have time to post about food I have little time to do any crafting. So today's post will feature last night's dinner. I made the Fritatte from Nonna's Italian Kitchen last night with a spinach salad and some of my crusty Italian bread. It was a lovely filling dinner and we'll most likely be having leftovers tonight. I feel bad that I'm not making a new meal for Father's day but you know, I have things to do and anyway I made cupcakes so that should make up for it! Sorry there are no pictures of the cupcakes, it was the Golden Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, another one of my staple cookbooks. I didn't have any shortening for the vanilla butter cream and so I just used Earth balance and well it's not very solid at room temperature so the butter cream is a little bit runny. Therefore, not very picture friendly.

I stumbled upon a new blog yesterday called Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves. I love the concept of this blog and have been having such a great time going back through her archives to look at all the vintage book titles and see what they were all about. As you know I have a penchant for all things vintage and books have not escaped that obsessive love. I haven't been thrifting very much these last few months but it's definitely something I want to get back to once summer is in full swing. And you can be sure I'll keep looking through the book bins. There are a couple of used bookstores around town that really I could spend hours in but you know Alex is not about spending hours in bookstores so we always left way before I was ready. I especially loved seeing Caps for Sale on her site. I loved this book as a child and so I'll look forward to finding a vintage copy.

Speaking of Alex, today as you might all know today is Father's day! Unfortunately the Papa of this house is working so we won't be doing anything special and I probably have a driving class right after he comes home until about 9pm. So our day is mostly shot but hopefully yours won't be. And if you've forgotten to call your father or brothers or uncles or whomever then hop to it because fathers are just as important as mothers in the equation of things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out! happy monday (and tuesday!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online