Saturday, February 9, 2008

Vegan Freak Podcasts and food

Alex and I have been steadily going thru the Vegan Freak podcasts for the last few days. We're no where near finished but it's been a lot of fun and very enlightening at the same time. If you want to go vegan I definitely recommend you tune in. They're very entertaining. My ipod has definitely gotten a lot of great use and I'm so glad I got it. So usually while I'm listening I try to think of what we should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. While I don't have pictures for all of these things I have been enjoying making and eating it all.

This morning I made some multi-grain pancakes and waffles from Vegan Visitor, a new blog I happened to stumble upon. Actually I found a ton of recipes that I want to make from that blog and have them all bookmarked.

For lunch the other day I made the Lemon Basil Pesto in Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (ED&BV). No picture either but it turned out really really good. I'm actually wanting to make a spinach and basil pesto to put on some pizza I've been craving for the last few days. So more on that in the future. I also made the Black bean and Orange Hummus which is so good. I figured it would be good as a veggie dip or just spreading on the only vegan bread we can find in this city, a rye bread that is actually very good.

Tonight we had the Orange Sesame Tofu and some leftover Coconut Basmati Rice all from ED&BV. With a spinach salad I threw together with some green apples, green onions, cucumbers and walnuts and a homemade vinaigrette that Alex's mom actually showed me how to make. In all it turned out wonderful.

And for dessert, I decided to make the Basic Chocolate Cupcake from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World. I contemplated making a buttercream but decided we had enough sweets for the day so I just topped it with some powdered sugar. Still very yummy.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online