Well the day is finally arriving. I haven't been in the sewing room much except to whip up a baby shower gift for a co-worker. The blanket gave me a little bit of a headache until I finally decided to baste then sew it.


I pulled out 2 of my never fail bibs from Amy Karol's amazing book Bend The Rules Sewing and a cloth play cube, I put a little bell inside that makes a sweet little tinkle when you shake it. She was really thrilled with the gifts so it was all worth it.I didn't go through with my plans to make Ayla a doll for this Christmas. The time just seems to be running away with me expecially since my mom is here now. She arrived on Monday and we've been out and about and have very little plans for sitting still. Actually on Sunday night I came down with the stomach flu that's been going around and was basically out of commission for that whole night and Monday. Unfortunately Ayla caught the tail end of it as well on our way back from picking up my mom. So we've had a rough couple of days. Thankfully, we're all out of the woods and are heading into a healthier Christmas.
I'll try to take some more pics of the festivities and post as soon as I can. But as you can currently see I've been way behind on my regular posting. Actually I forsee this changing in the new year as my friend and I are planning on doing a little quilt along. So that should be lots of fun!


2 comments:
I love your quilt. Where did you get that fabric? It is just too cute, and perfect for a baby. Lee's supervisor is having a baby in February, so I wanted to make a quilt in exactly the same fashion. And that was really smart with the blocks, to put a bell inside. Did you use foam or stuffing? I hope you, Alex, and Ayla had a great Christmas!
Wow Eesh, beautiful as usual, I would love to receive something like that! I'm seriously going to take a sewing class and take my sewing machine out of the box and follow your lead! You can still make Ayla a doll, they don't know what day Christmas was yet ;) I would love to see pics! Hope your holiday was blessed!!
Post a Comment