Friday, October 5, 2007

An introduction

Hello Blogworld!

Once again I am attempting to create a blog. I can't tell you how many of these I've started and never followed through on. Well I did give it an honest try with Vegan Engineer. The problem with that one was that I thought no one was reading it. Sometimes I hate doing things just for me. I wanted it to be something that people (anyone out there?) would read. Family, friends or strangers. So in the end I figured there was no interest and took it offline. But yesterday upon deciding to start this one, I went over to my old blog and wouldn't you know people were interested! I had comments that needed to be moderated as in accepted before they're posted. Well you can understand how happy and yet sad that made me. These comments were from way back in September and October of last year! People had even asked me questions that I never even got back to! I felt bad that I left them hanging but happy that YES someone cared! So here we are.

The inspiration for this new blog? Well for one thing my life has taken a 180 degree turn from last year and I might actually have something interesting to write about this time! So in essence, this blog will be about my life now with maybe sometimes a look back on what it used to be. Isn't it funny how sometimes you can regret something but when the moment has passed and time has moved on you look back and realize you learned something valuable that was worth it in the end. Last year on Vegan Engineer I literally cried about the hand fate had dealt me. Then I realized there was a reason I came here and when I discovered it, it became the most defining moment of my life (but I'll elaborate on this more in another post). So why Eat, Love, Create you ask? Well in keeping with Vegan Engineer I wanted to continue writing about my saga (ie. ups and downs) with being a vegan, hence the Eat. And Love, well because love just anchors everything now doesn't it? And Create because I've always been creative and I've finally been able to get off the couch long enough to do something about it.

I'll end this post on a good note with a picture of what I woke up to find outside my door on this bright yet chilly October morning.

Yes people! A light dust of snow! Now you might be wondering why I said 'a good note' let's just say it was so sunny out I couldn't possibly be mad about it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful!! thanks, aisha...as i said, i will be an avid reader. i was checking vegan engineer every once in a while, even though i knew you weren't updating anymore haha. lots of pictures of ayla, ok? can't wait till her hair grows some more! ;)

Unknown said...

Your morning looks beautiful! I would love a little frost : ) I'm glad its October and the heat has went away!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online